Welcome to my new life

I hope as I tell you the events of my life in Romania you will enjoy and find it as interesting as I have.

Tuesday 1 July 2008

Last Weeks Diary!!

Dana , the sweet girl who waits on us all on Wednesday nights, We have become friends now, she is a lovely girl. The other pictures are of the Terrace at The Hotel Arad, it is a very nice place to sit and while away the evening and the food is very good too and the service excellent.


The weather is still very hot here , so I do not venture far as it just doesn't suit me, I keep in the shade and if all else fails "Wear a Big Hat!!" By the way I must tell you my good news,,, only three Mosquito bite in eight weeks , wonderful and even the ones I had did not react as bad as they used to. Thanks to Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) , one tablet 100Mg's per day and it is proving to be very successful.
Wednesday evening I went to the English conversation club on the Terrace at the Hotel Arad. It is a beautiful terrace with Honeysuckle perfuming the evening air, conifers , geraniums, begonia, fuchsia and roses. We all had a good time and Kathy , Ken and Amy came too. It is always a pleasure for me to see all these lovely people and to chat the night away.
On Thursday because it was too hot to go walking I went to Gloria's house in Subcetate, it is a lovely house and they keep the garden looking lovely. We sat out on the balcony for hours chatting and drinking refreshing elder flower cordial with mineral water. Gloria got the binoculars out as I spotted a pretty bird with yellow and green wing and tail feathers it was sitting in the apricot tree. What a nice afternoon, thanks Gloria and I went home with mange tu and apples and i think i may get some apricots next time they have lots on the tree.
Sunday I decided to make crumpets and to be able to give some to Gloria to try. I was in the middle of cooking them (it is a slow process) when Kathy and Ken came with Yasmina so of course they had crumpets with their coffee. It was good to see them and have a chat , Sundays are such long days when you are on your own. Anyway they also called for me in the evening and we spent at least two hours all the family on the river on a pontoon, having snacks and drinks, it was really good as we watched the little boats going up and down and every time one passed the pontoon rocked .
Well that was my week more or less !! A good one!!

1 comment:

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Glad to see that you are feeling better.
I wish you would send some of your sun over to Manchester as we haven't seen much of it lately.

Rosie and Yasmina just out of the bath!!

Rosie and Yasmina just out of the bath!!
My wee adopted Grand children

Watching Tweenis on computer

Watching Tweenis on computer
If your happy and you know it clap your hands!!

Johanna with her Dad

Johanna with her Dad

The Secret Garden

The Secret Garden

Jackson Here we come!!!!!!!

Jackson   Here we come!!!!!!!
anything you want ,, they got it !!!

Beautiful Roses

Beautiful Roses

My New Apartment

My New Apartment
Hope this is the last move!!!!!!

Snowdrops

Snowdrops
heralding the spring

Martisor

Martisor
1st March

Angie with baby Oliver

Angie with baby Oliver

Bill in the garden with Niamh

Bill in the garden with Niamh
I expect he is teaching her how to grow things

Blanket for baby Oliver

Blanket for baby Oliver
Hope it keeps him cosy