Welcome to my new life

I hope as I tell you the events of my life in Romania you will enjoy and find it as interesting as I have.

Tuesday 29 July 2008

Another Hot Summer!!

Yes it is another long hot summer with temperatures in the 30's every day for weeks now. I see UK is not having it so good with all the rain and just a few hot days. Everyone is busy here, Kathy had 25 norwegian visitors at the day centre yesterday plus of course the street children, they all had a barbeque. Kenneth is working hard as usual mainly on the house at Dorabanti for Johanna and Philip to go and live in when they are married. Johanna is doing her final exams and arranging things for the wedding. Kenny is sorting out things ready to restart uni. and Amy is learning to drive, helping with the little ones Rosanna and Yasmina and helping me too, she comes to the supermarket with me and helps with everything.Phlilp is working and getting ready for a visit from his Dad, who is coming from Australia.

As for me I do keep busy with keeping the apartment clean and tidy, trying to study Romanian, ( which I find difficult) going to town, meeting friends etc and hope to go to the ECC ( English conversation club) tomorrow night, I did not go last week and really missed seeing everyone. I am getting to know the city very well now and don't get lost as I used to. There are the most interesting shops to see in the side streets and lot's of them are down in the basements, (no space is wasted here) and very qaint.

As I walked through the village the other day I saw many Damsons , Plums, Grapes all nearlly ready for picking (Hope to make Damson Gin for Christmas) and it looks like a good crop of walnuts too, how wonderful and there are so many you can just walk along and get as many as you like Yum!!!! It also seems to have been a good year for roses they are beautiful , there are so many flowers here and everyone makes the effort with window boxes and hanging baskets.

I just fancied Pitta bread the other day and as you can't get it here I made some , it was so good I shall make more tomorrow, much better than shop bought and of course the smell whilst it is cooking Mmmmmm!!! Well must go now and do some more study I so much want to learn the language, wish I wasn't so thick !!!! Bye for now!

No comments:

Rosie and Yasmina just out of the bath!!

Rosie and Yasmina just out of the bath!!
My wee adopted Grand children

Watching Tweenis on computer

Watching Tweenis on computer
If your happy and you know it clap your hands!!

Johanna with her Dad

Johanna with her Dad

The Secret Garden

The Secret Garden

Jackson Here we come!!!!!!!

Jackson   Here we come!!!!!!!
anything you want ,, they got it !!!

Beautiful Roses

Beautiful Roses

My New Apartment

My New Apartment
Hope this is the last move!!!!!!

Snowdrops

Snowdrops
heralding the spring

Martisor

Martisor
1st March

Angie with baby Oliver

Angie with baby Oliver

Bill in the garden with Niamh

Bill in the garden with Niamh
I expect he is teaching her how to grow things

Blanket for baby Oliver

Blanket for baby Oliver
Hope it keeps him cosy