Welcome to my new life

I hope as I tell you the events of my life in Romania you will enjoy and find it as interesting as I have.

Wednesday 23 January 2008

Churches,inside the catholic cathedral and the Lutheran church







I found a picture of the inside of the catholic cathedral and one of the Lutheran church on the main boulevard were Johanna and Philip will be married in October. The picture at the top is the catholic cathedral isn't it splendid?
Well I have been here over a year now and there is still Lot's more to see and do. Things have changed here , I have been visiting for seven years, there are a lot more cars on the roads for a start but still you don't have to travel far to see the old way of life that still exists in the villages, thank goodness we don't want too much change it is lovely just as it is.
I would like very much to thank all the people of Arad and surrounding villages for all their help and friendship during my year living here. I could not thank them individually there are too many but a big thanks to all the Taxi drivers , they have all been kindness itself to me and helpful, to all the shop keepers and assistants and the ladies in the bank who are lovely with me, to friends I have made especially Hajyni who has been like a daughter to me , last but not least thanks to my family Kathy, Kenneth Johanna, Philip, Kenny , Amy and Rosanna, I could not have done it without you all and hope everyone will help me through the next year. I do know quite a lot of the language and learn a little more every day.

1 comment:

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

What a splendid cathedral. You will definitely have to buy a grand outfit and a super duper hat to wear for the wedding. Glad you are settling in well in your new apartment. Hope you have got your craft space all sorted out, the most important part of the house to any knitter!

Rosie and Yasmina just out of the bath!!

Rosie and Yasmina just out of the bath!!
My wee adopted Grand children

Watching Tweenis on computer

Watching Tweenis on computer
If your happy and you know it clap your hands!!

Johanna with her Dad

Johanna with her Dad

The Secret Garden

The Secret Garden

Jackson Here we come!!!!!!!

Jackson   Here we come!!!!!!!
anything you want ,, they got it !!!

Beautiful Roses

Beautiful Roses

My New Apartment

My New Apartment
Hope this is the last move!!!!!!

Snowdrops

Snowdrops
heralding the spring

Martisor

Martisor
1st March

Angie with baby Oliver

Angie with baby Oliver

Bill in the garden with Niamh

Bill in the garden with Niamh
I expect he is teaching her how to grow things

Blanket for baby Oliver

Blanket for baby Oliver
Hope it keeps him cosy