Welcome to my new life

I hope as I tell you the events of my life in Romania you will enjoy and find it as interesting as I have.

Thursday 7 October 2010

Autumn

" Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness"

As I strolled along the river on Saturday ( a lovely warm sunny day) I was reminded of school days when we made brooms with the cast off stems of Autumn leaves and collected shiny conkers for games in the school yard at break times and acorns in their little daint
y cups to put in our bedrooms - they were so pretty. I was with my family and the children we had first been in the park , on the swings and slides we even had candy floss which took me back once more to childhood and the "Wakes" ( the Gipsies would set up the rides like the walzter and huge boat swings and roundabouts, also coconut shies and hoops to throw over objects to win a gold fish), we had such fun and usually went home with a coconut and a fish which of course died the day after.

I must be getting old ( almost 69yrs. now) I nev
er thought I would start reminiscing but there you go it comes to all I suppose !!

Arad is certainly a very pretty city and different with all the seasons but I think the Autumn is one of my favourite. There are walnuts fresh from the tree now and the last of the plums and a glut of chillies. I made plum jam and chilli jam which is in great demand as it tastes great on hot chicken wings, cheese or ham.

So we await the winter, but that will be nice too with crispy white snow and icicles on the windows like lace curtains......

No comments:

Rosie and Yasmina just out of the bath!!

Rosie and Yasmina just out of the bath!!
My wee adopted Grand children

Watching Tweenis on computer

Watching Tweenis on computer
If your happy and you know it clap your hands!!

Johanna with her Dad

Johanna with her Dad

The Secret Garden

The Secret Garden

Jackson Here we come!!!!!!!

Jackson   Here we come!!!!!!!
anything you want ,, they got it !!!

Beautiful Roses

Beautiful Roses

My New Apartment

My New Apartment
Hope this is the last move!!!!!!

Snowdrops

Snowdrops
heralding the spring

Martisor

Martisor
1st March

Angie with baby Oliver

Angie with baby Oliver

Bill in the garden with Niamh

Bill in the garden with Niamh
I expect he is teaching her how to grow things

Blanket for baby Oliver

Blanket for baby Oliver
Hope it keeps him cosy