Welcome to my new life

I hope as I tell you the events of my life in Romania you will enjoy and find it as interesting as I have.

Friday 23 January 2009

Happy New Year!!

Well I must say I welcome 2009, and hope it will be a year free of accidents and illness , not just for me but all my family and friends ,in fact for everyone. It is Chinese new year on the 26Th January, the year of the Ox , so who knows the Ox might bring some good things!!!! I had a quiet New Year, the family came to see me new years eve ( which was lovely) before they all went off to watch the fire works at the town hall. I was invited to Kathy and Kens for new year dinner but to be honest was glad to just have a quiet time.

The weather has warmed up now and faint signs of spring approaching. The coldest day we had in this part of Romania was 16 degrees below freezing wow!! that is cold. I try not to go out when it is too cold. I am feeling a lot better and just have to be careful now, no lifting, no falling and some gentle exercises. We have all had coughs and colds but then who hasn't?? it's all part of winter and as it has been so cold it will be good to kill the bugs and good for the fruit trees and gardens. Talking of frosty , we went to Helen's for a meal after Christmas and she did sprouts from her garden Mmmm delish!! with a lovely pork and wine stew followed by apple pie and a trifle, it was a very nice evening enjoyed by all, thanks Helen.

I have not been doing any going out in the evenings due to not feeling well but I really feel I should make the effort and try to go this next Wednesday, I miss my friends there and all the Banter. I am quite pleased with my self as I had a pile of emails outstanding and I have almost answered them all. I must get in touch again with my friend Jan who diligently follows my blog and sends me endless patterns , bless her.

We had a visitor over Christmas from the foundation, Susan Davies. She was a breath of fresh air and made me laugh so much , you just had to feel better. Especially good as she has the same Lancashire accent as me. She was very upset as the boy sh mainly came to see Cristi had been moved from a nice home to a hovel with rats running about. Poor Susan was distraught. I hope the people responsible may take note and try to help him . Any way thanks Susan for your company and for the Jellies and Oxo cubes you sent me on your return to UK.

Hoping I do not loose my readers and will try now to keep my blog. up to date, also hope to resume my Romanian lessons and get out more. All the best every one for 2009.

1 comment:

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Thank goodness that you are back. I can call off the search party now!

I hope that you are feeling a bit better now and are managing to get out and about as I do think it lifts the spirits to be in good company.

I hope that the problem with Cristi gets sorted out soon.

Rosie and Yasmina just out of the bath!!

Rosie and Yasmina just out of the bath!!
My wee adopted Grand children

Watching Tweenis on computer

Watching Tweenis on computer
If your happy and you know it clap your hands!!

Johanna with her Dad

Johanna with her Dad

The Secret Garden

The Secret Garden

Jackson Here we come!!!!!!!

Jackson   Here we come!!!!!!!
anything you want ,, they got it !!!

Beautiful Roses

Beautiful Roses

My New Apartment

My New Apartment
Hope this is the last move!!!!!!

Snowdrops

Snowdrops
heralding the spring

Martisor

Martisor
1st March

Angie with baby Oliver

Angie with baby Oliver

Bill in the garden with Niamh

Bill in the garden with Niamh
I expect he is teaching her how to grow things

Blanket for baby Oliver

Blanket for baby Oliver
Hope it keeps him cosy